Saturday, May 30, 2009

Random: Goodbye Perth

Sorry Perth, I’m ready to head home! “OZ” was great, but I’m ready for a change. Here are just a couple more random pics of stuff that has happened in the last month or so.

$100 bills... they're the only Australian bills I have not posted pics of... And as always, the only reason I have them is it's RENT day... LAME!

After winning a $150 gift certificate from Australian Medical Association, I bought myself an Anatomy & Physiology book... Although I have already taken both Anatomy & Physiology I and II at UNM, I thought this would be a really good reference book to have, expecially for a pre-med student trying to get into med school.

I also bought a MEDICAL DICTIONARY with the $150 gift certificate... And for sure this will come in handy in med school!

Finally I bought myself a lab coat that I needed for my Biochemistry lab... looks pretty cool, right?

This is just something I thought was pretty interesting/exciting. Last summer I participated in the AMGEN Scholars Program at the University of Washington in Seattle... It was a summer research program funded by the largest biotech in the world, Amgen... so I thought it was pretty cool when I found a flyer in the Microbiology hall at UWA for the "AMSR Medical Research Week - Western Australia Scientific Symposium" funded by AMGEN... Haha, AMGEN has reached Australia... It's all over the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment