Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Playing with Tigers @ Tiger Kingdom

One of the coolest things about Thailand is all the native creatures… that neither the US nor Australia has. Some creatures include the ELEPHANT… which can be commonly seen walking down the street.

Another is the elusive (yet very fearsome) TIGER!

So one day after work, a bunch of the volunteers and I went to go see these tigers up close at this tourist attraction called Tiger Kingdom, where some 50+ caged tigers can be seen.

Well… we paid something like $10 USD and we were allowed to step inside the cage with the tigers and take photos with them… AHH, pretty crazy, right?!?

It was absolutely 100% the most terrifying thing I’ve ever done! The tigers are right there… only 2 feet away… and they’re walking around and fighting/playing with each other… All the handlers say not to worry about it, but every time one of the tigers got up and started walking towards me, I freaked… complete adrenaline rush… SOOOO SCARY!

The good thing is we can out alive… no tiger attacks! And we got some great pics!

I petted a koala in Australia... now I'm petting a tiger in Thailand... HAHA!

Group photo of some of the volunteers and I

Handlers trying to calm a tiger down as it jumped onto the table... eeek.

Pretty scary eyes

Tiger in a cage

On the prowl

Another group photo

Tiger Kingdom also had lion cubs... Simba?

His stare is not that welcoming

Petting tigers...

...is DANGEROUS!

Umm yeah... you won't see me lying on any tigers any time soon... haha.

This is the closest I got...

This handler was CRAZY... he was like kissing the tigers... WHAT?

No comments:

Post a Comment