Tuesday, July 14, 2009

WEEK 2: INTERNAL MEDICINE

This week was quite different from last week. Each day, I shadowed a different physician, all of which varied in their specialty of medicine. It was a pretty interesting week… Again I gained a lot of knowledge and experience… The only difficulty was trying to understand some of the doctors.

Here is a schedule of my week in INTERNAL MEDICINE… I will post more information about each day as soon as I can… I just have a ton of notes to go through, so it’s kind of hard to condense so much information into one blog entry… MORE TO COME SOON!

DAY 1
Dr. Wirachat Lertnithikul – Nephrology, Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Hemodialysis Unit

Hemodialysis Unit

Intensive Care Unit (ICU)


DAY 2
Day Off (Holiday) – I went to the elephant camp (see blog below)

Elephant riding @ Maetaman Elephant Camp


DAY 3
Dr. Surin Chaiariyakul – HIV/TB Free Clinic, Endoscopy Surgery @ the Operating Room (OR)

Called a "Special Clinic," but it is actually an HIV/TB clinic

Waiting room for the HIV/TB clinic


DAY 4
Dr. Borisat Sukeetat – Out-Patient Department (OPD)

Dr. Borisat's Office @ the OPD - Nurses check in patients before they meet with the doctor

Waiting area @ OPD


DAY 5
Dr. Warunee Jaiprasert – Cardiac Care Unit and OPD
Cardiac Care Unit (CCU)

No comments:

Post a Comment