Saturday, April 18, 2009

Exploring Perth… Finally!

Since I’ve been in Perth, I really haven’t taken the time to actually explore the city. I guess I’ve always assumed I can explore it later when school is over.

BUT…

Today my friend Kevin flew in from Sydney to come look around Perth. Like me, he is from the University of New Mexico and on student exchange in Australia, except he goes to school at the University of Sydney.

So he, his friend Sean, another friend Andrew, his friend Tal, and I explored Perth today.

We went to Kings Park and Scarborough Beach. It was a really nice day… a little rainy & gloomy, but overall, I had a great time.

Here are just a couple pics from our outing.

A good picture with Perth in the background

War memorial

Perth

The "Eternal Flame" - a war memorial

Boab Tree... this tree is over 700 years old!

Some couple got married in the park today... what a great wedding background, don't you think?

Hollywood Blvd. has palm trees... Perth has eucalyptus trees

Another shot with Perth in the background

Perth

"DNA" tower that overlooks the city

We found some jellyfish at Matilda Bay

Scarborough Beach

We went to the beach to watch the sunset and play some "footy"

Beautiful day at the beach

Running to get a quick dip in the water

Sunset

Nice day without crowds of people

No comments:

Post a Comment