Saturday, April 4, 2009

I Finally Did It… I Ran to City Beach!

After weeks of running and trying to make it to the beach, I finally accomplished it! I ran from my house in Wembley to the beach and back home. It was a little difficult… about 6 miles total (3 miles to the beach & 3 miles back home), but I did it!

And it was totally worth it! The beach (City Beach) is absolutely beautiful. It’s like a little undiscovered treasure… it’s not overcrowded; it has beautiful white sand; and it’s a perfect place to spend the afternoon when I don’t have to study for classes.

I’ve been trying to make it to the beach for the last 3-4 weeks, but I just haven’t been able to. Every time I’d run, I’d make it about ¾ of the way, and then get tired and have to turn around and head home.

But now that I’ve made it, I’m going to be running there every day! It’s just too pretty not to. Plus, it will get me into better shape!

Here are just a couple of pics from my little adventure to the beach… I had to take the photos by myself via the self-time on my camera, so they’re not the best… but overall, I think they’re great!

P.S. I could get used to this whole “living by the beach” thing… haha!


I've arrived... City Beach 2009

Sand dunes

Pretty waves

Trying to get a shot of myself by the water...

A surfer trying to catch some waves

My first look as I arrived to the beach

People fishing


Yeah


Oceanic Dr.


Pathway from my house to City beach

Some people boogie-boardin'


Repeat - Same picture, but I like this one because I still have my iPod on from the run... haha!

Excuse all the sweatiness & acne... I just got finished running, and I've been breaking out pretty severely since getting to Australia.

A great way to end a Saturday afternoon

No comments:

Post a Comment