Monday, April 6, 2009

Life in Perth: Randomness

Here are just a couple of pictures of random things that make up my life in Perth... they're kind of boring (nothing like my adventure scuba diving in the Great Barrier Reef), but they're good little memories that I will always have of my time abroad.

They are how I once lived...


Even as an adult, I cannot escape my passion for wildlife and biology. I caught this little bugger right outside my house one day as I was doing some sit-ups. I named him "Iggy-Pop." Haha, he's playing dead in my hand, but he sure took off as soon as I released him...

Beautiful eucalyptus trees... EVERYWHERE! They're are over 700+ species of eucalyptus trees in Australia, but this is the species I see everyday. They're also called "gum trees."

Eucalyptus tree branches grow crazy! Here is just an example of how crooked some of their branches can get.

The fall of me... These "Tim Tams" are the most amazing cookies you'll ever taste! They're just simple cookies covered in chocolate, but they're must be some secret "Australian" ingredient in them because I've become addicted to them! Every time I go to the grocery store, I buy one package and tell myself that I am only going to eat one cookie per day... Cut to 20 minutes later on my walk home, and I've eaten the entire bag... EEK! I've been running everyday to get into better shape, yet these little cookies keep holding me back!

Essentially my diet while in Perth... Aside from Tim Tams, I eat nothing but Easy-Mac, peanut butter & jelly sandwiches, and cereal & milk.... reason being - I don't know how to cook anything! Haha, maybe this is a good thing though because the whole 2 months I've been in Perth, I have only ate out ONCE! I'm trying to save as much $$$ as I can for THAILAND!

I figure I spend a good 4-5 hours per week waiting at this bus stop... The bus is never dependable, so I'm ALWAYS waiting for it... It's nice because it goes right to the front of UWA, but I still wish I had a car. Never will I take for granted my little grey Chevy Cavalier back home in ABQ!

Transperth... The bus system in Perth... It's decent, but it is NO Seattle bus system... During the weekdays, buses run about every 1/2 hour, but on the weekend (i.e. Sunday), they run every 2 and 1/2 hours! Plus, they don't run anytime past 10 pm, including on the weekends... LAME!


This is what I love about Perth... It is soooo exotic! Tropical birds like these parrots are very common. They're about as common as pigeons in NYC... Gotta love Australian wildlife & flora!

Aww, my bank... Commonwealth! It's a good bank. I like it.

The very residential town of Wembley where I live... very quiet, very green, and not much traffic... a great place for running! It is very reminiscent of my home back in Clovis

No comments:

Post a Comment