Thursday, April 16, 2009

Update on Thailand Internship

As many of you know, I am doing a medical internship in Chiang Mai, Thailand, this summer, so here is just a quick update on how the planning is going…

I am currently fundraising to raise money for my program. It is going to cost about $1600 USD, so I am asking people and organizations for donations of any type ($5, $10, $20, $50, $100+).

Thus far, the motorcycle club of Clovis, NM, has given me $250, so I'm off to a GREAT start. I still have a ways to go, so if you are reading this blog and would like to donate anything, feel free to contact me! Email me for more information. Any contribution would truly be appreciated!

Otherwise, I have already booked my flights to & from Thailand. I leave for Chiang Mai on June 25th, and I return back to the states on July 30th. I’m very excited. It’s going to be a life-changing experience and a great way for me to gain first-hand clinical experience (shadowing a doctor & working in a hospital) without having to worry about school or a job.

My internship will be for 4 weeks, Mondays – Fridays from 8:00 AM to about 4:00 PM. And I will have the weekends free to travel and explore Thailand with the rest of the interns… I’m so excited. Thailand looks amazing, especially Chiang Mai!

Plus, the volunteer program that I am going through (Experiential Learning International) seems very friendly, supportive, and legit.


And if all goes well with this internship, I am probably going to plan another medical internship in Mexico for next summer…! But first, I have the MCAT this fall… EEEK! Wish me luck!

Here are just a couple more pics of Chiang Mai, Thailand... courtesy of Experiential Learning International's Facebook profile...



Teaching Program at a Monastery, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Un-Wed Mother's Home, Chiang Mai, Thailand


Oldest Temple, Chiang Mai


Volunteer Accommodations, Elephant Sanctuary, (just outside) Chiang Mai

No comments:

Post a Comment