Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Life in Perth: More Randomness

Just some more random pics of life in Perth... ENJOY!

Ok, let's be real... Australia likes to save electricity. As a matter of fact, they like saving the world, because unlike the U.S. where we tend to be lazy, they don't use dryers... which is amazing to me because I thought "hanging laundry out to dry" was something that only my grandma in her 80s did, but I guess not. Anyway, here is me hanging my laundry out to dry in the backyard...

Beautiful shot of UWA

My school's motto - "Seek Wisom"

Yep, this is me on my 21st birthday... at like 7 am in the morning studying for a midterm... Haha, not really how I envisioned my 21st birthday, but whatever. P.S. I like how I have a wrinkle on the right side of my cheek from acne medication drying out my face... lame

Here is the only gift I received on my 21st birthday... a chocolate Easter bunny from my roommate Makiko

$650... you know what time of the month it is... RENT DAY!

Here is Australian money... It looks & feels a lot like Monopoly money.

It is also a lot smaller than USD.

Here are some Australian coins... Unlike the U.S. penny, they actually have value... Pictured are a $2 coin, a $1 coin, and 50 cent coin, respectively. The cool thing about them, however, is that on each one of them, there is an Australian "icon." On the $2 coin, there's an Aboriginal man; on the $1 coin, there are kangaroos; and on the 50 cent coin, there is an emu & kangaroo.

Queen Elizabeth II graces the back of all the coins

Here are some more Aussie "icons..." on 20 cents, a platypus; on 10 cents, well, I don't know that is; and on 5 cents, there is an echidna.

Let's be real... this is where I spend most of my time... studying, doing homework, watching lectures via internet, Facebooking, etc. haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment