Tuesday, April 7, 2009

My New Passion: Running

One marathon & two half-marathons later and I thought I was officially done with long-distance running for a while... But being in Australia around all this beautiful scenery, I just had to pick up running again.

Besides school, it has become one of my biggest passions.

Here are just a couple of my favorite places to exercise & run…

Hands down, this is the best place in Perth! Alderbury Sportsground has become one of my favorite places to go. It's located about 1/2 mile from my house, so I run to it everyday to just do sit-ups & push-ups, stretch, and clear my mind. It's amazing.

Ahhh, there's nothing like it... Wide open spaces with nothing but green for acres and acres... love it!

Trail that I occasionally run that leads to the top of Reabold Hill... where you can see spectacular views of the city and the ocean

If you stand on this bench, you can see the entire city of Perth

And I present to you... Perth! Nothing but green everwhere, except downtown, which you can see barely in the background

A zoomed-up version of downtown Perth from Reabold Hill

Reabold Hill

Some people just enjoying the spectacular views atop Reabold Hill on a beautiful evening...

On the other side of Reabold, you can see the Indian Ocean... AMAZING!

No comments:

Post a Comment