Thursday, February 19, 2009

And They're Here... The Great Barrier Reef PICS!

Although they’re not the greatest pictures… my Great Barrier Reef photos have arrived!

I’m just a little disappointed though… I mean, all the pictures are kind of dark and murky, and they don’t really illustrate the beautiful colors and the exotic fish/corral I saw at the bottom of the ocean… but what can you expect from a cheap $25 disposable camera? At least I got some pictures, so I’ll always remember those memories of the bottom of the ocean.

But yeah, the coolest ones are of my tour guide when he lured a turtle out of the reef… TURTLE, TURTLE! There are also some pretty cool ones of some giant clams that were as big as me! I also tried to get some “Nemo” shots of some clown fish, but since I really couldn’t zoom with that disposable camera, it’s hard to see them. Oh well, I had a great time.

P.S. An interesting fact about “Nemo” or clown fish that I learned from my scuba instructor…

Clown fish live in families with a dominant male and female. If the female dies, however, the dominant male will change sexes and become the new female. Then the next biggest male will become the dominant male. So in other words, “Finding Nemo” is NOT correct… If Nemo’s mom had died, his father would have become his mother…? HUH?

Enjoy the pics…!


Scuba Steve luring the turtle out of hiding

He found a turtle!

Clam

Me trying to get a picture of myself without dropping the camera

Buscando a Nemo

Other divers

I look cross-eyed (haha)

Corals/reef

No comments:

Post a Comment