Thursday, February 12, 2009

Fighting the Bad... I Will Not Be Beaten!

So far, everything that could have gone wrong has gone wrong here in Australia. The good thing is most of these things were fixable or are fixable.

First of all on my flight to Sydney a week ago, I noticed that every time I zoomed out and took a picture with my camera, these two spots would appear in the picture. Story cut short – I ended up getting water in the camera while taking pictures of the dolphins, and the spots were dried up water between the two lenses. Luckily, the spots are not that noticeable and only appear when I zoom out completely, so for the most part, my camera still works fine. Plus, I have insurance on it, so I can return it when I get back to America.


Next, for a short period of time my phone completely stopped working. It said that the SIM card no was no longer working. Luckily though, since I had insurance on it, I took it back to my phone company and got a new SIM card.

Then there was my ATM card... I ordered an ATM card with my new bank here in AUS. It was supposed to be sent to a branch in Sydney, so when I got there, I could pick it up and have it. Instead, it “somehow” didn’t get there in time, so I had to call and cancel it. Now, any time I need money, I have to go into a bank and withdraw money (kind of a hassle, but no worries).

Finally, the biggie… when I turned on my computer last night, for some weird reason, everything… I mean completely EVERYTHING… E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G from my laptop was erased. Every file, document, and program I added in the last three years is gone. My computer completely rebooted itself to the original settings that it first had when I bought it. Luckily, however, I prepared for this day, and I have everything from my computer backed on a USB stick, so nothing is really lost. I just have to get my computer fixed ASAP when I get back to the US.

But after everything that has gone wrong to me in Australia, I can only be happy that I am here. It’s all about making mistakes and learning from them. In the words of Alanis, “You live, you learn” (haha).

No comments:

Post a Comment