Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Jumping into the Great Ocean Road

Before leaving Australia, my travel guide book said that I MUST see the Great Ocean Road, and since it was only a few short hours away from Melbourne, I saw no better opportunity than to go now!

I took a tour there, and it was absolutely amazing! I got to visit Bells Beach (where the brands Billabong & Roxy were born), explore Apollo Bay, look for koalas in the Maits Rest Rainforest, and of course, experience the natural wonder of the world that is the Twelve Apostles (the rocks – see photos)… all of which are located on the Great Ocean Road.

The rocks (12 Apostles) were something out of a dream. They were so pretty and almost didn’t seem real. Also, the beach at Lock Ard Gorge was utterly amazing… I’ve never seen such a beautiful beach. The water was blue and clear. There were not jellyfish or poisonous creatures anywhere. The weather was sunny, but not hot, with a slight oceanic breeze. Plus, the rocks surrounding the water were amazing (see picture).

P.S. I titled this blog “JUMPING into the Great Ocean Road” because, as you can see in the photos, I am jumping in almost every photo… I just wanted to try something different than just the traditional stand-n-smile picture. Jumping just add the feeling of excitement & action to a photo and shows you how much fun I was having that day.


Thank God for life, traveling, and beautiful natural wonders.



Jump #1

Twelve Apostles

Jump #2 - This looks like the cover of an adventure/travel magazine!

Jump #3

Amazing 12 Apostles

The beginning of the Great Ocean Road

Jump #4... GEEZ

London Bridge

Dijeradoo

Sleeping koala

Maits Rest Rainforest

No comments:

Post a Comment