Wednesday, February 18, 2009

So I absolutely love my new place!

It’s located in an amazing place… Wembley! To start, I am only a 10 minute bus ride from downtown Perth and a 15 minute bus ride from UWA. Then around my house, there is nothing but tennis clubs at every intersection (I think I’m going to join one, so I can start playing competitively again).

And most importantly, my house is just a 10-15 minute walk from Subiaco, which is a HUGE shopping area for the trendy/young crowd. There’s clothing stores, malls, markets, restaurants, etc. I’m also a 5 minute bus ride from the beach…! But the best part is that my actual house is located in a very nice residential area, very reminiscent of my home in Clovis, NM (except that there are palm trees). I’ll be able to run daily without having to worry about traffic.

My new tenant Jane also has internet! YA! Not to mention, she also has Foxtel, which is a television provider, so we have cable! DOUBLE YA!


…Thank God because I didn’t know how I was going to survive without TV. Sure, we don’t have MTV or VH1, but we have this channel called HITS that has Friends, King of Queens, Will & Grace, and a bunch of other American shows. Then we have the primetime shows of House, Biggest Loser, Australia’s Got Talent, etc. I’m just so relieved. God blessed me with such a good house.

My tenant seems really nice. She is an artist and interior designer. I also have 2 other roommates who are students. I’ve only met one – Martin – a student from Slovakia. He seems pretty chill, but he kind of struggles with his English. The other one is a Japanese girl, but I haven’t seen her yet.

My room is also pretty sweet (see pics below). It’s not actually “a room.” It used to be an office, but now it’s my room. It’s located downstairs by the living room. I have a bathroom across the hall. It’s really nice… I have a bed, HUGE desk, and a nice closet. We’re just waiting on one of my other roommates to move out… The Japanese girl is supposed to be leaving in the next couple weeks, so when she does, I’ll be moving upstairs to a REAL room. I really like though… it beats my dorm @ UNM.

The house is also really pretty. Being an interior decorator, my tenant Jane has everything updated and looking nice. The fridge, washer machine, stove, etc are all new. She has a plasma screen TV with surround sound. Everything just seems to be perfecto!


My room



The house



My new address



Our living room



La cocina



Bathroom/laundry room



Backyard/porch area



My desk!



The closet



Gato Rojo



My room... again!

No comments:

Post a Comment