Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Wine Tasting at Napa Valley

The Saturday after arriving in California, my aunt & uncle took my parents, my cousin Alisha, and I to Napa Valley to go wine tasting.

Of course I’m not over 21, so I really didn’t get to “wine taste,” but I still got to have a couple of sips thanks to my dad… muy sabroso!

We ended up going to the Castello di Amorosa winery, where we got to see its amazing medieval castle-like architecture. According to my cousin & uncle, every single piece of rock from the castle was shipped from Europe (I think England) to California, so the winery could be built… talk about a lot of work/money.

Napa Valley was everything I expected… It was in a HUGE valley and there were plenty of delicious grapes around (haha). I assume I’ll go back sometime to go wine tasting again when I’m 21+.

Finally, we went to Sacramento to visit the capital of California and also to have a little dessert on the river.


Castello di Amorosa Winery

The entire family

Downtown Sacramento at night

Entering the castle...

Grape pickers!

Beautiful Napa Valley

Medieval dinner

Tons of wine!

No comments:

Post a Comment