Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Bicycling the Golden Gate Bridge!!!

FINALLY! Our last day in San Francisco proved to be a success… no fog… no rain… just a clear, beautiful, warm day… perfect for seeing the Golden Gate Bridge!

We ended up renting bikes and cycling to the bridge. Everything seemed to go relatively well… The only trouble we encountered was when my mom completely busted while trying to ride up a hill (see picture). One minute she was riding up a hill… the next I hear this loud crash, and I see her falling over the railing on the side of the road. And what’s funny about it is the first thing she yells when she falls: “AL!” which is my father’s name. He was like, “What did I do? I didn’t make you fall. Why do you automatically blame me?” Silly woman…

I don’t think you could have asked for a more perfect day… bicycling the Golden Gate Bridge was the best way to go about it... It gives you a great little exercise and gives you a sense of accomplishment because you had to work a little harder to get there. Plus, we got to see amazing views of San Fran, but this time without the fog.


From the other side of the bridge

San Francisco from the bottom of the bridge

My mom busting on the side of the road...!

Beautiful San Francisco day

Mom and Dad cycling to the bridge

Accomplishment

The amazing city of San Francisco

No comments:

Post a Comment