Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Jetstar Airlines… Those Nazis!

So I had quite a frustrating experience with Jetstar Airlines the other day at the airport.

It all started when I arrived at Hobart airport to catch my flight to Sydney. Originally, I had booked all my flights with Qantas Airlines, but to save money on this specific flight, I booked it with Jetstar Airlines.

Well, story cut short, I take my bags to get checked, and the lady tells me that I am only allowed one checked back at 20 kg and one carry-on at 10 kg. Well, I had one checked bag at 25 kg and two carry-on bags at 10 kg each.

So after being scolded by the lady for not knowing the required baggage policies for the plane, I had to pay $170 AUD for my extra luggage. But that is not the irritating part… When I board the plane, I discover the flight is only half full! Every other seat is empty…!

I don’t know what would have been cheaper… buying another airline ticket or just paying the $170 excess luggage fee. I guess I should have been a little more responsible with checking the luggage policies, but I truly wasn’t carrying THAT much luggage. I just assumed they would allow 2 carry-on items.

Main point of this blog – never fly with Jetstar… They are Nazis. Always fly with Qantas (which allows one 32 kg checked bag and 2 carry-on items). Plus, Qantas always provides you with a free meal on every flight!

No comments:

Post a Comment